Job for the weekend – Let’s Caulk!
Six simple steps to follow when preparing to recaulk any surface
1. Remove all the old caulk by using a utility knife with a razor blade or a box cutter.
2. Gently slice through the caulk, taking care not to damage the sink top, bath or the wall.
3. Once it has been sliced along the wall surface and where the caulk joins onto the unit, pull off the old caulk in one long strip.
4. If the caulk is brittle, use a putty knife to scrape it away.
5. Once the old product is removed, use diluted bleach or mildew cleaner on a cloth to kill any spores.
6. Wipe the area dry and apply the new caulk. Follow product application instructions for best finish.